Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Fall


I have always been infatuated with the season, fall. Growing up in West Virginia was truly a blessing all year long. But, once October began to sneak up on everyone we knew it was only a matter of time before the show would begin. As a little kid, then a young man, I spent many, many days in my beloved hill of West Virginia just having the time of my life. I would climb trees, play in the creeks, and at times just sit there and look at all the beauty. Once the weather began to turn colder, I knew that the leaves would begin to change soon. There is something about the woods once the leaves had changed back home that to this day makes me smile. Everything changed in the woods, the beautiful foliage, the sounds, and the amazing smell of the woods. Every year since leaving West Virginia to join the military, I get a little more homesick when I see the leaves of fall wherever I may be.  

Welcome Friend
Gently she arrives, warning all of what is to come.
Days begin to shorten, nights grow too long.
The mighty trees change their colors, too match the rainbow.
Slowly, the leaves of summer begin their journey to the ground.
People dress warmer, sipping on their warm drinks.
Fall is here, helping us transition from summer to winter.
I love this time of year, with the sights, smells and laughter.
                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment